I’Velo is the first automated bike-sharing project in Bucharest implemented in 2016 by the Green Revolution Association together with Raiffeisen Bank and Kaufland Romania having as main goal the promotion of bicycles in the landscape of urban lifestyle as an alternative transportation method which will sustain better urban mobility.
- A self-service renting system similar to the ones in the major European capital cities, a system for fast commuting within the central and crowded area of the capital city.
- 100% Romanian project. The software solution as well as most of the equipment utilised in the construction of the stations is manufactured or assembled in Romania.
- With 16 stations, the network covers the central area of the capital city and the main interest and access points to other public transportation methods.
- It is a 24/7 system, 365 days a year.
- Encourages the residents of the capital city to leave their personal cars at home or to use the public transportation means and use bicycles for fast commuting within the crowded areas of the city.
- Educates people promoting that cycling has beneficial effects on the health of the individuals and contributes to reducing the air and noise pollution of the large communities.